Prescription under medical supervision
– Anxiolytic, sedative, anticonvulsant, muscle relaxant
Also comes in 2 mg and 10 mg tablets and 1% oral solution.
Duration: according to clinical response ; the shortest duration possible.
Contra-indications, adverse effects, precautions
– Do not administer to patients with severe respiratory insufficiency or severe hepatic impairment.
– May cause:
– Reduce the dose by one half in elderly patients and in patients with renal or hepatic impairment.
– Risk of increased sedation when combined with alcohol and drugs acting on the central
– Pregnancy: avoid
– Breast-feeding: avoid
– Diazepam is subject to international controls: follow national regulations.
– Diazepam is not a treatment for depression, chronic anxiety, or post-traumatic stress syndrome.
– Storage: below 30°C –