Prescription under medical supervision
– Typhoid fever, plague, rickettsial infections
– Typhoid fever: 10 to 14 days; plague: 10 days; rickettsiosis: continue for 48 hours after the resolution of fever; pneumonia: 5 to 10 days
– Do not administer to premature infants; avoid in newborns and children under 2 months of age (if there is no alternative, dosage is 25 mg/kg/day in 3 divided doses).
– May cause:
– Pregnancy: CONTRA-INDICATED, except if vital, if there is no therapeutic alternative. If used during
– Breast-feeding: CONTRA-INDICATED
– Storage: below 30°C –